Sindoor Leela is celebrated on the Dashmi of the six-day festival gala. It is strictly celebrated by Bengali married women. The married Bong ladies get together in front of Goddess Durga's idol, right before the immersion procession, and smear sindoor on each other's face. Quite something to witness, isn't it?
No matter how dirty these Bong ladies get, they do not forget to dress up for this event. White saree with a red border is a trademark clothing item worn by every Bengali women on this day.
Today, we have decided to lighten up these Bengali women's white and red wardrobe with some of our Bollywood inspirations. Time and again, Bollywood divas are seen copying the Bong Sindoor Khela look and we have picked our best 6 Bollywood looks for you to copy this coming Sindoor Khela.
Now you can dress up like a Bollywood babe and catch everyone's attention. All you have to do is, scroll below and take a look at these 6 gorgeous Bong looks for Sindoor Khela...
1. Deepika Padukone's Mesmerizing Bengali Look: Check out the stunning Deepika Padukone who was seen pulling off a Sindoor Khela look in a white and red Garad saree. This look is rather flattering. Match a bralet blouse with your garad saree. Wear it with a heavy necklace and a pair of hair chain earrings. Add little braids in your open hair and side-part it. And of course, the smokey kohl eye makeup.
2. Sonakshi Sinha In Bengali Attire: Match your garad saree with a red blouse. This look is a minimalist approach to the Bengali style. Add the round red bindi. Wear ram-leela earrings of your choice. Center-part your hair in a pleated ponytail. Jazz up its effect with a winged eyeliner.
3. Bipasha Basu's Bong Look: This is also a simple and chic look. Instead of going for a heavy jewellery and a heavy makeup, go for a heavy garad saree with a Georgette blouse. Add puffy sleeves to the blouse instead of regular ones. Keeping the entire look simple, add red bangles set and a red bindi. Simple and quick, isn't it?
4. Celina Jaitly's Bridal Bong Look: This look can be emulated by the newlyweds. A heavily ornate saree worn with a solid red blouse. Add a kundan or diamond jewellery set to this fine look. Amp up the look with a bangle set. Center-part your hair and don't forget that red bindi.
5. Sonam Kapoor's Simple Bong Look: This is by far the simplest look for Sindoor Khela. All you have to do is, get yourself a garad saree and pair it with a puffy sleeved red blouse. Only add red bindi to this look.
6. Kareena Kapoor's Modernized Bong Look: Get a patterned blouse for the occasion that you can match with your white and red saree. Add a choker necklace to it. Wear your hair center parted and in a twisted hair bun.