Salads are becoming the most common staple food for dieters and figure conscious freaks. Salads are low in fat, calories and are made with healthy ingredients like vegetables, fruits and spices. Diet plans include salads in one part of the meal. There are many fitness freaks who have plain boiled salads to lose weight. You can either boil vegetables or eat them raw. Boiled vegetables have more nutrients as heat burns down few proteins from the vegetables.
You can either have it for lunch or at dinner. But, there are many people including celebrities who have salads two times regularly just to maintain their figures and also reduce the intake of fats and calories. If you want to try a salad, here is a the basic potato vegetable salad recipe. The potato vegetables salad recipe is healthy and filling too. Potatoes control food cravings and also make you feel fuller. Here is the recipe.
Potato vegetable salad recipe:
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Potatoes- 3-4
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Cabbage- 100gms (shredded)
- Cucumber- 1 (sliced)
- Carrots- 1 (sliced julienne cutting)
- Broccoli- 4 small florets
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- (minced)
- Lemon juice- 2tsp
- Black salt- as per taste
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Chaat masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Coriander leaves- for garnishing (chopped)
- Wash the potatoes and pressure cook them in water for 3-4 whistles. Let it cool after it is done. Strain the water and then peel the potatoes. Cut each boiled potato into 4 halves.
- In a bowl, add the boiled and halved potatoes, onion, cabbage, carrot, cucumber, broccoli, tomato and green chillies. Mix with a spoon.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and black salt.
Potato vegetable salad is ready to eat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. You can also add fruits like banana, grapes, cherries, slices of strawberries and papaya to add a different flavour to the dish.