If you ask a chef on which vegetable he would choose to prepare the best vegetarian food ever, he will rightly say 'potatoes'. Since potatoes are too common, we have chosen the next best vegetable that can replace the tasty tuber best, the 'sweet potatoes'. Sweet potatoes are more fibrous and blend well with any recipe. Let's know how to make sweet potato spinach fry, a truly nutritious side dish.
Sweet Potato And Spinach Benefits: The sweet tuber is rich in vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. Very beneficial for low blood pressure and diabetic patients.
The green leafy vegetables contains iron, magnesium, vitamins, folate, potassium and phosphorus. It is loaded with flavonoids that prevent cancer.
Sweet Potato Spinach Fry Recipe (Special Aloo Palak Recipe)
- 2-3 sweet potatoes (made pieces and par boiled)
- 1 bowl spinach (finely chopped)
- 2-3 green chillies (halved)
- ' tsp garam masala
- ' tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp aamchur powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp butter (unsalted)
Side Dish Preparation:
1. Fry the chopped spinach leaves dry or with little butter. Add the boiled sweet potatoes and mix well.
2. Cook with little water until the leaves change colour.
3. Add chilli powder, garam masala, aamchur powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Fry mustard seeds in a separate pan and season the side dish. Serve immediately.
Tasty and tangy sweet potato spinach fry is ready.
The spicy side dish serves 2.