Kofta recipes are a favourite among many. A kofta curry can be savoured with roti or rice preparations alike. Peas kofta is among the most highly popular and delicious of all the kofta recipes. This kofta curry is made with an ensemble of a few spices and peas.
Peas kofta is made by a making balls out of mashed peas, spices
and flour. These balls are then fried and dipped into a curry mix.
This kofta recipe is extremely yummy and will be definitely liked
by all. You can make this peas kofta recipe extremely spicy or
mild, just according to your taste. Peas kofta can also be kept in
the wish list for all occasions for the side dish menu. Here is a
recipe for making peas kofta.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Peas- 3-4 cups (boiled and mashed)
- Gram Flour- 3-4tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 ½ tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 2tsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Cumin Seeds- ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder- 2tsp
- Garam Masala- 1tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 1cup
- Salt- To taste
- Take a large bowl and add the mashed peas, gram flour, 1tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1tbsp red chilli powder, lemon juice, some salt and mix well. Make small balls and keep them aside.
- Place a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add ¾ cup of the vegetable oil. Deep fry the peas ball in them on a medium flame and then keep aside.
- Take another deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add the remaining vegetable oil. Add the whole red chillies and the cumin seeds to the oil. Stir on a low flame for a minute and then add the onion paste.
- Stir on a low flame for 1-2 minutes and then add the ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and some salt. Stir for a minute and then add 3-4 cups of water. Let it come to a boil.
- Now add all the pea balls and stir on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes. Then turn off the gas oven.
- Your peas kofta is now ready to be served.
Serve this vegetarian recipe hot with a main course dish.