Potatoes are one of the core vegetables that is used to make main course sabjis. You can have palak, paneer, mix vegetables etc but, there would always be one dish on the table that has potatoes. If you love to eat stuffed potatoes, you can try paneer stuffed potatoes recipe. This is an easy to make dish that doesn't require much effort. The recipe is prepared using paneer (cottage cheese) and boiled potatoes (aloo). Crisp fried potatoes and paneer stuffing makes this a filling and lip smacking dish. Check out the recipe to make it at home.
Paneer stuffed potatoes recipe:
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Potatoes- 5 (boiled)
- Paneer/cottage cheese- 2 cup (grated)
- Onions- 2 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 2-3 (minced)
- Garam masala- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½tsp
- Bay leaf- 1
- Oil- for frying
- Chopped coriander leaves- for garnishing
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Peel the boiled potatoes (optional). When the oil becomes hot, slowly dip in the potatoes. Deep fry them till they become crisp and golden brown. Strain the fried potatoes in kitchen paper towel and keep them aside.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat 1tbsp oil. Season with the cumin seeds and bay leaf. Now add the chopped onions and fry on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the chopped capsicum and saute on medium flame till they become tender. Sprinkle salt and turmeric powder. When the capsicum becomes soft, add the green chillies, garam masala powder and red chilli powder. Cook for a few more minutes and then put the pan off flame.
- Take the fried potatoes and cut them into two halves with a knife. Use a small spoon and dig a small hole for stuffing paneer masala inside it. You can mash the potatoes (taken out while scooping) with the paneer masala to increase its thickness.
- Now stuff in the paneer masala in the hole and then garnish with coriander leaves.
You can serve stuffed paneer potatoes with steamed rice or plain rotis.