Paneer posto is a very simple yet savoury Bengali recipe with the requirement of a very few ingredients. If you are not in a mood for much elaborate cooking then this is one thing that you can go for and yet gain appreciation. Any Bengali family simply loves to include a dish of posto in their recipe list. Try tasting out the succulent nature of this preparation at your home.
Paneer Posto- Easy Bengali Recipe:
- 250gms paneer
- 5-6tbsp posto paste
- 3-4 green chilies
- salt to taste
- ¼tbsp sugar
- 8-10 cashew nuts
- ½tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50gms butter
Procedure To Make Paneer Posto:
- Soak the poppy seeds and cashew nuts well in water for an hour or two before grinding.
- Put the chillies, posto (poppy seeds), and some water in your blender and make a thick paste. Also blend the cashews well in your mixer separately.
- Cut the paneer(cotton cheese) into small cubes or triangles so that it can properly soak the mixture.
- Heat some butter in a deep frying pan and fry them lightly until they turn slightly yellowish.
- Now add the posto paste into the pan and mix well.
- Add salt to taste in the mixture.
- You can add some milk to it or else the mixture might turn too dry.
- Add the cashew nut paste, cream and sugar to the pan and put it on medium flame. Stir well for a few minutes.
- Cover the frying pan with a lid and let it cook in low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add some more butter and kasuri methi. Let it cook for another 5 minutes and then remove.
Your dish is now ready to serve and it complements main courses like rice and chapati.