You can make kofta curry with a lot of different ingredients. Lauki or bottle gourd is one of the most popular ingredients used for making kofta. Non-vegetarians make kofta with minced meat. Paneer koftas are not the commonest type of koftas. However, it is one of the best gourmet paneer recipes that we know.
Paneer koftas are made with grated cottage cheese. The paneer koftas are first deep fried and then cooked in a kofta curry. The gravy can be made using a very simple Indian curry recipe. The trick lies in making the koftas crisp and delicious. It does not take too long to try this paneer recipe. Your paneer kofta curry can be ready to eat in just half an hour.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Paneer- 200 grams (grated)
- Ginger garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4
- Coriander leaves- 4 springs (chopped)
- Beasn or gram flour- 2tbsp
- Kalounji or carrom seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 4tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Add 1tbsp ginger-garlic paste and 2 green chillies to the grated paneer. Sprinkle salt and add besan.
- Mix it up and knead it lightly like a dough. Heat 3tbsp oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- When it heats up, make round balls of the grated paneer mixture and gently add them in the steaming oil.
- Lower the flame and fry the paneer koftas for 10 minutes. Keep turning it for even cooking.
- Meanwhile heat 1tbsp oil in another pan. Season it with kalounji and green chillies.
- Saute the onions in this pan for 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle salt on it. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the tomatoes cook.
- Then add the powdered masalas namely, red chilli, coriander and cumin to the pan. Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour 2 cups of water and cook the gravy for 6-7 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the koftas to the gravy and sprinkle garam masala from the top and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes more on a low flame.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve the paneer kofta curry hot with rice or roti.