curry recipes that is not spicy. Mushroom mutter is basically a North Indian recipe. The gravy is made with minimum spices to retain the delicate flavour of mushrooms.
If you want to make this Indian mushroom recipe into a low fat treat, use beaten yoghurt instead of fresh cream to thicken the gravy of peas and mushrooms.
Ingredients Of Mushroom Mutter:
- Mushrooms ½ kg
- Peas 250 grams
- Onions 2 (paste)
- Tomato 1 (puree)
- Green chillies 5
- Turmeric powder 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Fresh cream 2tbsp
- Butter 1tbsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Salt as per paste
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Procedure For Mushroom Mutter:
1. Cut the mushroom into quarters. Mix it with turmeric powder and leave aside.
2. Make a paste of onions and 3 green chillies. Prepare tomato puree separately.
3. Now heat oil in a pan. Season it with cumin seeds and green chillies slit into halves.
4. Saute the onion paste in it for 3 to 4 minutes on a low flame.
5. When the paste turns golden brown, add tomato puree to it. Sprinkle salt and cook until the gravy starts oozing oil.
6. Then pour the mushrooms and peas into it. Add a cup of water. Cover and let it cook for 5 minutes.
7. When the water reduces by 1/3rd, stir in the cream.
8. Cook for 2 minutes and then add butter.
Garnish Mushroom Mutter with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rotis.