An easy to make and relishing Sindhi recipe of mixed vegetables, this kofta curry is usually served with some main course dishes. The kofta balls consists of mashed vegetables and is extremely healthy. They can also be grilled, fried, marinated or baked. But in this kofta recipe we shall go for a gravy preparation of the same.
This vegetable recipe is an amazing camouflage of vegetables in a creamy texture that melts in mouth. Once you prepare this kofta recipe you will start getting consistent demands of preparing it again and again. This recipe is actually of Sindhi origin. But it has gained immense popularity because of its healthy nature and easy cooking style. Even if your child does not like to eat vegetables, he or she is going to love this kofta recipe.
Have a dash of vegetables in your taste palate with this mixed vegetables kofta recipe.
Ingredients (SERVES 4)
- Potatoes- 5 (boiled)
- Carrots- 2 (finely chopped)
- Beans- 100gms (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 2 (finely chopped)
- Cabbage- ½ (finely chopped)
- Onions- 3 (finely chopped)
- Tomato-3 (finely grated)
- Chilli Powder- ½tbsp
- Gram flour- ½tbsp
- Vegetable Oil- 5-6tbsp
- Lemon Juice- 1tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2tbsp
- Chilli Powder- 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tbsp
- Cumin Powder- 1tbsp
- Onions- 2-3 (pasted)
- Tomato- 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Vegetable Oil- 2tbsp
- Coriander Leaves- 1 ½tbsp
- Sugar- ½tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Take the potatoes, carrots, beans, capsicum, cabbage, onions and tomato in a bowl and mash them.
- Now add some salt, chilli powder and gram flour to it and blend it well with the ingredients.
- Make small round balls with the vegetable mixture and keep them aside.
- Place a deep frying pan on a gas oven and pour vegetable oil into it.
- Deep fry the vegetable balls in it over medium flame.
- Keep the fried balls aside.
- Add 1-2tbsp of oil in another pan and add the onion paste and tomatoes into it.
- After they get lightly fried add the ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, sugar and some salt into it.
- Saute them well for 2-3 minutes over a low flame until the mixture gets little thick.
- Now add the kofta balls into it.
- Lower the flame, add the coriander leaves into it and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes over a low flame.
- Now take off the lid and you will find your mixed vegetable kofta is ready to be served.
This mixed vegetables kofta has an amazing aroma and taste. You may easily prepare this vegetable recipe on any occasions as it is not only delicious but can be prepared very easily.