Cashew nuts can add an entirely different taste to your meal. If you visit a restaurant, you will find most of the sabjis are prepared with cashew nut paste. This nut is not only healthy but an ingredient that adds a unique flavour to every dish it is added to. But, when it comes to dinner for vegetarians, one can only think of matar panner. It's time to modify this old recipe into a new one. If you want to make that restaurant flavoured dish at home, try this easy to make recipe. This Indian style sabji is made using green peas and cashew nuts.
Peas and cashew nut sabji, Indian style recipe-
- Cashew nuts- 1 cup
- Cinnamon- 1 inch
- Cardamom, crushed- 1
- Clove- 2-3
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Onions, sliced- 2-3 pieces
- Green peas, boiled- ½ kg
- Green chillies, sliced- 2-3 pieces
- Tomato puree/ 1 tomato, mashed- 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds powder- 1 tsp
- Amchur- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
Directions to make peas cashew nut sabji:
- Heat 2-3 drops of oil in a non stick pan. Roast the cashew nuts on low flame till light brown. Place it on a tissue paper and keep them aside.
- Add 1tbsp oil to the same pan. Now add clove, cardamom, cinnamon and stir well. Add cumin seeds and wait till they change colour.
- Now add sliced onions and put it on a low flame till it becomes soft. Add green chillies, and tomato puree to it. Wait till oil separates the mixture.
- Add peas, turmeric, red chilli, coriander, fennel seeds powder and garam masala to it. Cook on low flame for few minutes so that the flavour of the spices come out.
- Add amchur, roasted cashew nuts and mix gently. Put the pan off flame.
- Serve hot.
Peas and cashew nut sabji is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve it hot with fried rice or ajwain parantha. Make sure you add cashew nut at the end, so that the crisp taste remains in the sabji. If you want to make a dry sabji, add less tomato puree. If you want to make a gravy, add more puree and water but cook so that the flavour of tomato comes out in the sabji.