The moment you hear the name matar paneer, I'm sure your tastebuds start craving for it. And why not, when it's that good a pleasure food!
So, today we shall share with you this simple and easy peas or batani paneer gravy recipe. The gravy tastes best when served hot along with chapatis or rotis.
Also, you can pack this delicious gravy into your lunch boxes and bring a nice smile on to your colleagues' faces. I bet, they won't leave your desk without finishing it!
Also Read: Mini Karela Recipe
So, take a quick look at how to prepare the peas paneer gravy recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Paneer - 300 g
- Onions - 3 to 4 (medium)
- Tomatoes - 3
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
- Peas - 1 Cup
- Hing (Asafoetida) - 1/2 tsp
- Jeera - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - 1/4th cup (Chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Kitchen King Masala - 1/4th tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4th tsp
- Turmeric - 1/4th tsp
- Add oil to the kadhai and let it heat.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and add them to the kadhai, once
the oil has heated up.
- Once paneer looks slightly fried, remove the pieces from the
kadhai and keep it aside.
- Now, make a paste of onion, and tomato, separately.
- In a cooker, add 1 tsp of oil, let it heat.
- Add jeera, and once it splutters, add hing to it.
- Now, add the onion paste. Let it cook until it turns slightly
- Then, add ginger & garlic paste.
- Add in the tomato paste.
- Once the ingredients are cooked and leave oil, add in all the
- Now, add peas and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Then, add water according to how much gravy you want. We've
added half a glass of water.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Now, add paneer and close the lid.
- After 3 to 4 whistles, remove the lid and garnish with some coriander strands.
Serve it hot with rotis or rice
Step By Step Photo Guide:Matar Paneer Recipe | Peas Paneer Gravy Recipe | Batani & Paneer Curry Recipe