Butter paneer is an awesome Indian paneer recipe. Butter paneer is paneer in a blend of Indian spices and tomatoes. It is just like any other paneer gravy with the only exception that it is made a bit richer by adding butter. Paneer is a very versatile and nutritious variety of cheese that can be used to create a whole variety of paneer recipes. A butter paneer recipe will give you an amazing melt in mouth experience. The gravy is made with a buttery sauce of onions, tomatoes and spices. This butter paneer recipe will suit the taste palate of people on all occasions, be it a party or a regular course meal. This yummy vegetarian recipe will satisfy all your taste buds.
The ingredients for one of this most popular and exceptional paneer recipes is given below.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Paneer (cottage cheese)- 500gms
- Butter- 100gms
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 ½ tbsp
- Onions- 2 (paste)
- Tomato Puree- ¾ cup
- Chilli Powder- 1tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1 ½ tbsp
- Cream- 1 cup
- Coriander- 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Salt- To taste
- Take the paneer and cut it into small cubes using a knife.
- Take a medium sized frying pan and place it over an oven. Add 3-4tbsp of butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Now take the paneer pieces and fry them in the butter over a low flame.
- Strain the extra butter and keep the paneer pieces aside after they turn slightly yellowish.
- Add 2-3tbsp of butter into the same pan.
- Now add the onion paste and ginger garlic paste into it. Saute well for 4-5 minutes over a medium flame.
- Add the tomato puree into it now and again saute the whole mixture for 2-3 minutes over a medium flame.
- Sprinkle chilli powder, garam masala, sugar and some salt into the pan and stir well.
- Add the paneer pieces and 1 ½ cup of water into it. Stir well.
- Put it on a low flame and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add the cream and stir the butter paneer well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Your butter paneer masala is now ready to be served.
- Pour the butter paneer into 4 medium sized bowls.
- Add chopped coriander on the top of each serving.
- Serve your butter paneer hot.
This delicious butter paneer recipe will surely earn a lot of appreciations for your cooking.