Spaghetti is an all time favourite side dish recipe. Spaghetti is a key ingredient in the Italian cuisine. Traditionally, Italian dried spaghetti is made from durum wheat semolina. However, in other countries spaghetti is with made a variety of other flours like oatmeal, wheat, barley etc.
Spaghetti is a meal option that many in your family would love to have. Baked vegetable spaghetti is a healthy side dish option as it is made with whole wheat spaghetti. The recipe has a good variety of green vegetables like beans and peas. Baked vegetable spaghetti is easy to make and is yummy to taste. Here is the recipe for the palatable Italian dish.
Baked Vegetable Spaghetti
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Whole wheat spaghetti- 2 cup
- Mozzarella cheese- 1 cup
- Green peas- ½ cup
- Beans- ½ cup
- Tomato- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato puree- 4tsp
- Garlic pods- 6 (chopped)
- Onion- 1 medium sized (chopped)
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Thyme- ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1tsp
- Olive oil- 1tbps
- Water- ½ cup
- Salt- to taste
- Preheat oven to 175 degree Celsius.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Now, add garlic and onions. Saute it for about 2 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree, black pepper powder, cumin powder, thyme, tomatoes and green peas to form a mixture. Saute it for about 4 minutes.
- Reduce the flame, add water and salt to the sauce. Simmer it for next 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, boil the spaghetti in another deep bottomed pan with water for about 10 minutes. Drain the excess water from the spaghetti.
- Now, pour the boiled spaghetti in a micro-safe bowl.
- Add the sauce to the spaghetti
- Now, grate mozzarella cheese over the spaghetti and sauce mixture.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about10-15 minutes.
Serve the baked vegetable spaghetti in a serving bowl.