Akshaya Tritiya or Akha Teej is an auspicious day for Hindus. This festival marks the day to commence any new work or business. On Akshaya Tritiya, people worship God, decorate their home and prepare special delicacies to celebrate the occasion. To celebrate this lucky and special day with joy, traditional dishes are prepared. For the main course, you can prepare aloo ki sabzi. As dishes on this day are made without onion and garlic, you can try aloo ki sabzi without onions on this Akha Teej.
Aloo ki sabzi without onions recipe:
2 cups boiled potatoes, peeled
1 capsicum, chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
4-8 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp amchur powder (mango powder)
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
coriander leaves for garnishing
Directions to make aloo ki sabzi without onion and garlic:
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin and mustard seeds to it. When the seeds start to crackle, add ginger paste and after a few seconds, add capsicum. Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
2. In a bowl, mix all the powders except amchur powder. Add salt and little water. Make a paste with water and keep aside.
3. Add green chillies to it once capsicum becomes soft. Now add the tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 1 minute and then add the paste in the pan. Stir well so that the spices get mixed up with the vegetables. Add 1 cup water and bring it to boil.
4. Cut the boiled potatoes into two halves. Add to the boiling water. Gently mix the potatoes with the gravy. Boil till the gravy thickens.
5. Add amchur powder and garam masala. Stir gently so that the potatoes do not break. Now add lemon juice and mix. Put it off flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
You can have this aloo ki sabzi without onion and garlic on Akshaya Tritiya. Share your recipe with us that can be prepared on this Akshaya Tritiya without the use of onion and garlic.