Rice recipes are the quickest and easiest recipes to prepare, specially for working women. Some common rice recipes include tomato rice, aloo rice, jeera rice, etc. However, did you know that you can cook a delicious rice recipe with cauliflower? This is a very different recipe, and trust us, you must try it today for that different feeling.
Cauliflower is highly nutritious, as it is rich in vitamins C and K. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids that help in better blood circulation. Cauliflower is helpful for pregnant women, as it increases the brain development of the foetus. Hence, its a must include food during pregnancy.
Apart from the health benefits, cauliflower recipes are very tasty. So, why wait? Let us get ready to prepare the tasty cauliflower rice recipe!
Serves - 2
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preperation time - 15 minutes
- Cauliflower - 2 cups
- Rice - 2 cups
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Green Chillies - 5 (chopped)
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1/4th teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/4th teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Cook 250 gms of rice in a cooker.
- In a pan, add water, turmeric and a little salt. To this add the cauliflower.
- Let it boil for 10 minutes and then drain the water.
- Wash the cauliflower again with cold water and keep it
- Chop the cauliflower once it has cooled.
- Now, take 1 cup of chopped cauliflower and deep fry until it turns to a reddish brown colour.
- Keep this aside.Take another pan and add oil.
- After the oil has heated add cumin seeds, ginger & garlic paste, green chillies, peas and neatly saute them.
- Now add the fried cauliflower to this mixture. Then add the boiled rice.
- Add 1/4th teaspoon of garam masala and salt accordingly.
- Neatly mix the content.
- Now, garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- Your yummy and tasty cauliflower rice is ready to be served for lunch or dinner.
- Do try this recipe and give us your feedback.