Chinese is one of the favourite cuisines in the world. A foodie must try Chinese dishes before he or she dies. Hakka chow chow, manchurian, schezwan rice and momos are few of the Chinese dishes that you would always love to eat! If you love Chinese food, here is an easy rice recipe that you can try at home. Mushroom rice recipe is made with the special 5 spice Chinese powder. This powder is made with 5 spices namely Schezwan peppercorn, clove, star anise, fennel seeds and cinnamon. The aroma of Chinese 5 spice powder and mushroom makes it a yummy dish to try for main course.
Mushroom rice recipe:
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- White Rice/ Chinese rice- 2 cups (boiled)
- Mushroom- ½ cup (sliced)
- Schezwan sauce- 1tbsp
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Spring onions- 1 (chopped)
- Chinese 5 spice powder- 2tsp (consists of Schezwan peppercorn, clove, star anise, fennel seeds and cinnamon)
- Dried mushrooms - 1tbsp (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Heat oil in a big pan. Fry the onion and spring onion for a minute.
- Add sliced mushroom pieces in the pan and cook on medium flame till they become tender.
- Now add the dried mushrooms that have been soaked for one hour. Do not forget to remove the stalk of the dried mushroom pieces. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, schezwan sauce, sugar and Chinese 5 spice powder. Mix well and then add the boiled rice. Mix the ingredients well and then cook for a minute.
Mushroom rice is ready to eat. You can add few peas to garnish the dish. Serve this main course recipe hot with Manchurian or chopsey.
Chinese 5 spice powder:
- Heat a medium sized pan.
- Roast the Chinese 5 spice powder ingredients for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Let it cool. Grind the roasted spices into a powder and keep aside.
- Store the powder in an air-tight container and use while making Chinese dishes.