You may have had a variety of pulao on special occasions like the peas pulao, aloo pulao, methi pulao and many more. These set of pulao recipes are the best to savour and relish to your fullest.
So, today, we shall share with you a simple yet different pulao recipe called the dill pulao, which is highly nutritious and has many health benefits too.
Dill is a herb that is used in many recipes. Dill is best treated for diabetes (specially type 2), as it manages to control the insulin level and also boosts the insulin level in the body.
For a new mother, dill herb is much advised, as it helps to increase the quantity of the breast milk. It is said that lactating mothers should have a meal that is prepared with dill each day, as per experts in the field.
The best combination with dill is garlic and ginger, as these help in balancing the
So, read to know how to prepare the dill pulao recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Dill herb - 2 cups
- Rice - 1 cup
- Ginger - 10 g
- Garlic - 4 to 5 pieces
- Cumin seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/4th teaspoon
- Green chillies - 4 to 5
- Onions - 1 cup
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander strands - 4 to 5
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Take a cooker and add oil to it. Once the oil has heated up, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions, turmeric and red chilli powder. Saute the content well.
- Meanwhile, take a mixy jar, add coconut, green chillies, ginger and garlic. Add water and grind it well, until it turns to be a fine paste.
- Now, add dill and then add this mixture to the cooker. Add the cup of rice and mix well. Add water to the cooker accordingly.
- Add salt as per taste. Mix it well and close the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for two to three whistles and after the cooker cools down nealty mix the rice well.
- Serve it hot.
Try this healthy recipe and let us know your feedback.