If you are anaemic, the best vegetable for you to have is a beetroot. Beetroot not only helps you increase your blood count, but it also has several health benefits.
Basically, eating beetroot is very important. There are several recipes that you can prepare with beetroot, the most famous are the beetroot sambar and gravy.
So, today we shall share with you the recipe of beetroot pulao that you must try at home.Beetroot pulao recipe is very simple and easy to prepare. The colour of the dish looks so good that you surely would want to eat more of it.
As a side dish, you can prepare cucumber raita or any vegetable raita.As we mentioned, beetroot is one vegetable that cures all your health problems, make sure to include this veggie regularly. This is also the best recipe for your children.
Eating the raw vegetable is also healthy and juicy, though it is hard. You can however enhance its taste by adding some salt and pepper to it.
Well, let's take a look at how to prepare the beetroot pulao recipe.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Beetroot - 1 cup (chopped)
- Raw rice - 2 cups
- Green chillies - 4 to 5
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf - 2
- Onions - 1 cup
- Cumin seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cardamom - 3 to 4
- Pepper - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cashewnut - 8 to 10
- Take a cooker, add oil. Once the oil has heated up, add the chopped onions, bay leaves, cumin seeds and green chillies.
- Then add garam masala, coriander powder, cardamom, pepper and cashewnuts.
- Saute them well.
- Now, add the chopped beetroot.
- Then add the raw rice with the correct water measurement.
- Add salt and then close the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for two whistles.
- Then transfer the beetroot pulao on to a serving plate.
Serve the hot beetroot pulao with some cucumber raita.
Try this easy recipe and let us know your feedback.