Curry fried rice is a simple fried rice recipe whereby a little flavour of the exotic curry leaves is added to the rice recipe. The main flavour in this recipe comes from the curry leaves. You may use the whole leaves or just a powder of dried curry leaves in this rice recipe. This is one of those fried rice recipes whereby the smell of the soy sauce is not dormant.
Curry is an ideal and healthy low calorie fried rice recipe. You
may also call this as one of the curry recipes that is sure to be
liked and appreciated by all. Try making curry fried rice at home
and make everyone happy with it's amazing taste and flavours. Here
is a simple curry fried rice recipe for you.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Basmati Rice- 500 grams
- Curry Leaves- 2-3
- Onions- 2-3 (medium sized and finely chopped)
- Carrots- 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Beans- 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Red Bell Peppers- 1 (finely chopped)
- Cashew Nuts- ½ cup
- Curry Powder- 2-3tbsp
- Soy Sauce- 1-2tbsp
- Ajinomoto- 1tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 3-4tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Pour the basmati rice in a pressure cooker, add the curry leaves and double the water. Close the lid and let it whistle for once on a high flame. Turn off the gas oven and open the lid after the pressure gets released completely.
- Keep it aside.
- Take a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add vegetable oil to it. Add the onions to the same pan and saute over a medium flame till golden in colour.
- Add the carrots, beans, red bell peppers and some salt to the same pan. Keep stirring all the contents in the pan for a minimum of 2-3 minutes over a low flame.
- Now add the cashew nuts and curry powder to it. Stir for a minute on a low flame.
- Add the soy sauce for the colour and stir for 2-3 minutes on a low flame. Now add the ajinomoto and again stir for a minute.
- Take the rice from the cooker and add it to the pan now. Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes on a low flame until all the ingredients get mixed well with each other.
- Turn off the gas oven as your curry fried rice is now ready to be served.
Serve the curry fried rice hot with any gravy preparation and a green salad.