Corn masala rice is a special dish that is meant for dieters. Corn masala rice is low in fats and cholesterol. This makes it an ideal dish to stay in shape. Try a new dish in your palate by mixing the crisp and sweet corn with boiled and soft rice. The spices can make it a yummy diet food that is light, filling and tasty. Take a look at the recipe.
Corn masala rice recipe:
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Basmati rice- 1 cup
- Corn- 1 cup
- Green peas- ½cup
- Cashew nuts- ½cup
- Turmeric powder- 1½tsp
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon- 1
- Cumin seeds- ½tsp
- Purified butter (ghee)- 3tbsp
- Wash rice and pressure cook on 2-3 whistles at medium flame.
- Meanwhile, soak the frozen corn in hot water for 4-6 minutes. Drain and keep it aside.
- After the pressure cooker cools, open the lid and take out the cooked rice. Open the rice with the help of a spoon and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds. When the seeds start to splutter, add cloves, cinnamon, turmeric powder and green peas and mix well.
- Now add the cooked rice, cashew nuts and soaked corn in the pan. Mix well so that the ingredients blend with rice. Sprinkle salt as per taste. Cook for a minute and then take the pan off flame.
Corn masala rice is ready. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. If you want to add more spices, you can sprinkle garam masala while cooking. Enjoy the low fat recipe with curry or tomato ketchup.