Love the smell of cloves? Cloves can be counted as one of the favourite spice among all the flavouring agents. So, this time we will try a rice recipe using cloves. This rice recipe is called clove rice. Clove rice is a simple recipe that can be prepared in a very little time. It is a very simple main course recipe that you can try at home. This rice recipe tastes best with a spicy side dish.
Try making clove rice on any day and give delight to the taste buds of your loved ones. You can also add some vegetables to this main course dish. But, the main delight and aroma of this vegetarian recipe comes from cloves that we shall use. But, be very careful so as not to use too many cloves or else the flavoured rice will become too hot and spicy. Here is the recipe for making clove rice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Basmati Rice- 500 gms
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Cardamom- 2-3
- Cloves- 4tbsp
- Ginger Paste- 1tbsp
- Sugar- 2-3tsp
- Vegetable Oil/ Ghee- 7-8tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Soak the basmati rice in water and wash properly. Pressure cook on a high flame. Let it whistle once. Turn off the gas oven and let the pressure release. Open the lid after the pressure releases and strain the extra water. Keep the rice aside.
- Place a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add the vegetable oil or ghee to it. Let it heat on a low flame. Add the bay leaves, cardamom, cloves and ginger into the pan. Stir for 1-2 minutes on a low flame and then sprinkle the sugar. Stir well for a minute.
- Add the rice to it now. Stir well so that the rice gets mixed well with all the spices in the pan. Sprinkle some salt and saute the whole mixture for 4-5 minutes on a low flame.
- Turn off the gas oven. Your clove rice is now ready to be served.
Serve the clove rice hot with a side dish.