Most Indian have a fetish for Chinese food. We dutifully stock up Chinese grass and soy sauce in our homes to try out different Chinese recipes. That is why we bring a very common yet absolutely drool-worthy fried rice recipe to you. Chilli garlic fried rice is obviously a Chinese recipe. However, the good part is that you don't need very specific oriental spices to make chilli garlic fried rice.
This fried rice recipe can be prepared in an authentic way even with the few Chinese spices and sauces that we store in our kitchen. That is precisely why chilli garlic fried rice is such a treat. It is delicious, authentic and also easy to make. We are making vegetarian chilli garlic fried rice today. But, if you are non vegetarian you can add boiled chicken or scrambled eggs to this fried rice recipe.
Preparation Time:10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Rice- 2 cups (soaked and washed)
- Spring onions- 4 (chopped)
- Onion greens- 1 cup (chopped)
- Garlic pods- 10 (chopped)
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1/2 (sliced)
- Soy Sauce- 2tsp
- Chinese grass or Ajinomoto- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When sizzled, add spring onions and green chillies to it.
- Cook on a medium flame for about 3 minutes. Then add garlic to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Lower the flame and then add onion greens and capsicum to the pan. Sprinkle salt and Chinese grass from the top.
- Keep stirring the ingredients in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the soy sauce and raise the flame to medium. Allow the sauce to froth for about a minute and then lower the flame again.
- Mix the sauce with all the other ingredients. Add rice to pan and mix it up with the sauce and spices.
- Saute the rice for 3-4 minutes and then add 3 cups of water to the pan. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 8-10 minutes.
Your chilli garlic fried rice is ready to serve. You can have it just plain or with a Manchurian gravy.