Navratri is celebrated throughout the country and the cuisines are different in regions. During Navratri fasting, people eat one meal in a day before the sunset and the Navratri fast recipes are strictly vegetarian. The spices and vegetables are also restricted. Ingredients like turmeric powder, red chillies, rock salt and cumin seeds are only used. Kuttu ka parantha is an easy to make Navratri fast recipe. It is made with boiled potatoes.
Kuttu ka parantha, Navratri fast recipe:
2 cups kuttu atta (horse gram)
2 boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes
1 tsp rock salt
Directions to make Kuttu ka parantha, Navratri fast recipe:
1. Mix kuttu atta with mashed potatoes and a pinch of salt. Add water and knead to make a smooth and flexible dough. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
2. Make a small parantha ball and roll into a parantha. This should be done after the dough is left for 30 minutes.
3. Heat tava (griddle) and put the parantha. Apply a thin layer of ghee on the parantha. Also pour ghee on the outer edges of it.
4. Flip it when the colour turns little brown. Apply a thin layer of ghee on it.
5. Again flip to cook the other side.
6. Remove when both the sides are cooked.
Kuttu ka parantha, Navratri fast recipe is ready. Serve it hot.