Parathas are very famous in North India. But off late, they have become popular even in south India. Of course, they are tasty and they come in several varieties. Some of the common varieties are the aloo parathas, cabbage parathas and onion parathas.
Well, today let us try something different and add new taste to your taste buds with parathas. We shall teach you how to prepare egg cheese parathas. The name sounds so good that you would surely want to try it right away.
As the name suggests, the main ingredients are egg and cheese. In fact that is the reason why they are very healthy. Also, this kind of parathas are the best way to make your kids consume some proteins. Parathas taste good when they are served hot with ghee, curd and pickle.
So, let us take a look at how to prepare egg cheese parathas.
Serves - 3
Preperation Time - 15 min
Cooking Time - 15 min
- Egg - 2 (Boiled and grated)
- Cheese - 200 gms ( grated)
- Maida - 2 cup
- Wheat Flour - 2 cup
- Onions - 1 cup
- Green Chilli - 4 to 5 ( finely chopped)
- Garam Masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander - 4 to 5 strands ( finely chopped)
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 piece
- Take a bowl and add maida, wheat flour, salt and water. Mix them well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the stuffing, place a pan on the stove and add
- Once it is heated, add cumin seeds, green chillies, onions and garam masala. Saute it well.
- Now, add the boiled and grated egg and the cheese.
- Add salt and chopped coriander and mix it well.
- Make five equal parts of the dough.
- Take a spoon of the stuffing and keep it at the center of the dough and neatly cover all the sides.
- Now roll the dough softly (the way you prepare rotis and chapathis).
- Meanwhile take a tawa and heat it.
- Now, place the paratha on the tawa and add butter on both the sides of the parathas.
- Fry it until it turns golden brown.
- Follow the same procedure for the rest of the dough.
- Now, transfer the fried paratha to a plate. Add a little butter on the paratha and serve it with curds and pickle.
- Try this awesome recipe and let us know your feedback.