There is one special reason for you to wait for summer. And do you know why? Well, summer is the season for mangoes and the varieties of mangoes that are available in the market.
Raw mangoes are tangy to taste, while the ripe ones are a favourite among most of them. As the saying goes, mangoes are the king of fruits.
Also Read: Aam Ki Chutney: Green Mango Recipe
I am sure, all of us would have surely tasted the raw mangoes with salt and red chilli powder sprinkled on it, during our childhood. Eating this spicy and tasty mango recipe would be a treat to our tongue for sure that would bring back our childhood memories.
Similarly, we have a special recipe today that is made from raw mangoes. So, today we shall share with you the tasty and tangy mango pachadi recipe.
Also Read: Mango Recipes: Tangy 'Aam' Delicacies
This is a yummy recipe that you need to try this summer. You can serve this with hot rice or you can have it with roti.
So, take a look at how to prepare the tangy mango pachadi.
Raw Mango - 1 cup (chopped)
Jaggery - 1/2 cup
Red Chillies - 5 to 6
Curry Leaves - 8 to 10
Grated Coconut - 1/2 cup
Coriander Strands - 4 to 5
- Take a bowl and fill it with water. Then, add the chopped raw mango pieces in it.
- Boil the mangoes until they turn soft.
- Meanwhile, take another bowl, add some water and then jaggery. Crush the jaggery in the water to make it into a paste.
- Sieve the jaggery water and keep it aside.
- Once the mangoes have become soft, drain the excess water and then transfer the mango pieces to a mixy jar.
- Add the fried red chillies and grated coconut to the mixy jar and grind it until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Now, take a pan and add some oil. Once it has heated up, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now, add the jaggery water and let it boil for a while.
- After which, add the ground mango paste to the pan and saute it well.
- Then add one cup of water to it. Add salt and saute it well again.
- Garnish it with some coriander strands.
Later, transfer it to a serving bowl and serve it hot with rice or roti.
Try this tasty, tangy mango recipe and let us know your feedback.