It's lunch time and do you wish to prepare something healthy and tasty? Well, we're talking of a vegetarian recipe.
Today is the day you should try this, as we feel it is ideal to eat right and stay fit and what better than having a healthy lunch at home, right?
Generally, sambar is prepared with different types of vegetables. However, today, we shall learn how to prepare the mixed pulses sambar recipe. This is a very nutritious recipe, as we shall be cooking the sambar by adding different types of pulses.
Also Read: Easy Tasty Potato Onion Sambar Recipe
Grains or pulses, which are also called legumes, are very important for the overall development of our body, as they are very good for the heart, are rich in proteins and can lower the diabetic risk.
The mixed pulses sambar tastes just awesome when had with a fried papad and some fried chillies.
So, read on to know more about how to prepare the mixed pulses sambar recipe for today's lunch.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Preparation time - 20 minutes
- Horse gram - 1/2 cup
- Green gram - 1/2 cup
- Black channa - 1/2 cup
- Brinjal - 3 to 4 (chopped)
- Onions - 2 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 3 teaspoons
- Jaggery - 1/4th teaspoon
- Tamarind - 1/4th teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 8 to 10
Also Read: Yummy Sambar Sadam Lunch Recipe
- Soak all the pulses in hot water for about 2 hours.
- After the mentioned time, take a pressure cooker and add the soaked grains along with some water.
- Pressure cook it for three whistles.
- Meanwhile, take the mixy jar, to this add grated coconut, tamarind, red chilli powder, jaggery, coriander seeds and little water.
- Grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Now, take a cooking vessel, to this add oil.
- Once the oil has heated up, add some mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Then, add onions and brinjal.
- Saute them well.
- Now, add the boiled pulses.
- Then, add the ground masala mixture to the cooking vessel.
- Add water accordingly.
- Add salt and stir the sambar.
- Let it boil for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cook the sambar in a simmer mode.
- Once you see the sambar boiling well, you can switch the stove off.
Serve the hot, mixed pulses sambar with some hot rice and ghee.
Do try the sambar recipe and let us know your feedback.