One of the most loved festivals of married women is the Karwa Chauth. This festival is observed by married women especially from North India; it is done for the the sake of prosperity and well-being of the husband. This year, the festival falls on the 30th of this month.
During the festival, women undergo fasting throughout the day and are permitted to have food only after they see the moon through the seive.
Though fasting is observed, there are several dishes that are prepared for the festival that can be consumed once the ritual is completed. So, today, Boldsky gives you an awesome spicy aloo masala recipe for Karwa Chauth.
The main ingredients in this recipe are aloo, curd and red chilli powder. As we are preparing this dish for the festival, onion and garic are not added.
You can have this delicious spicy aloo masala recipe along with hot 'rotis'. So, let's learn how to prepare spicy aloo masala recipe.
Preperation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Baby Potatoes - 10
- Curd - 1 cup
- Turmeric - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 2 tsp
- Dhanya Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Cumin Seed - 1 tsp
- Curd - 1 cup
- In a pressure cooker, add water; then add the baby potatoes. Let the potatoes boil until two whistles.
- To make the gravy, take a pan, add oil then add cumin seeds, turmeric, garam masala, dhanya powder, butter and curd.
- Saute it well.
- Now, open the pressure cooker and drain the water. Peel the potatoes and keep them aside.
- Take a pan and add oil to it. Once the oil is heated, add potatoes and deep fry.
- Once the potatoes are fried, add them to the gravy and mix them well.
- Add salt and saute it. For garnishing, add chopped coriander.
- Try this recipe and do let us know your feedback.