If you are a diet conscious person, yet crave to eat, here is the best dish for you. Ragi ball is a typical South Indian delicacy, which is very healthy and tasty.
Ragi, otherwise called finger millet, is widely used across India in one or the other form. As stated earlier, ragi is highly rich in proteins and minerals than any other millets and is an effective food to include in your diet for weight loss.
So, today we shall teach you how to prepare ragi balls. People in Karnataka usually prefer having ragi balls with a vegetable sambar or curry, for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
So, why wait, prepare this simple and healthy recipe today.
Serves - 2
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preperation time - 10 minutes
Ingredients For Ragi Ball:
- Ragi Flour - 2 cups
- Ghee - 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- In a pan add 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Allow the water to boil.
- Once the water boils, slowly add the ragi flour and keep stirring.
- Maintain it on a low flame. Continue stirring and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Stir it for 5-10 minutes.
- Now, transfer this mixture on to a plate.
- Apply ghee on to your palms and shape the mixture into soft ragi balls.
- It tastes best when served hot with ghee.
Ingredients For The Sambar Recipe:
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Green Chilli - 4 to 5
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 1/4th teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 8 to 10
- Turmeric - 1/4th teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- In a pressure cooker, add toor dal, spinach, green chillies, ginger & garlic paste, turmeric and water.
- Close the lid and wait for 3 whistles.
- After the cooker cools down, open the lid and mix the content well.
- In another pan, add oil and once it has heated add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Then add the spinach mixture to this with a little salt.
- Mix the entire curry well.
- You can now serve ragi balls with the hot spinach sambar.