So, what's for dinner tonight? Is it rice and dal or the same roti? Well, today to lift up your mood and to add a little flavour to your mind and tongue, we have a very simple, yet tasty and healthy, recipe.
Yes, today we shall share with you an easy palak chapathi recipe. Chapathi dough which is made of wheat has many health benefits; and when we add palak to it, it not only enhances the taste but is very healthy for your body as well.
Also Read: Capsicum Green Peas Paneer Gravy
This is one of the best recipes that you have to try for your kids too, as most of the kids refuse to eat vegetables or any healthy food.
You can prepare peas curry as a side dish and make the palak chapathi look more colourful, or you could just have the palak chapathi plain, or serve it with any preferable side dish.
So, read to know more about the ingredients required and the method to prepare the palak chapathi.
Serves - 4
Cooking time - 20 minutes
Preparation time - 30 minutes
- Palak leaves (Spinach) - 200 g
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Garlic - 3 to 4 cloves
- Green Chillies - 4 to 5
Also Read: Simple Tricks To Make Soft Chapati
- Firstly, we need to boil the spinach or palak leaves.
- Take a cooker, add the leaves and water, so that the leaves are immersed in water.
- Close the lid of the cooker and allow it to cook for two whistles.
- Once the cooker cools down, drain the water from the cooker and add cold water.
- Later, drain the cold water as well.
- Now, transfer the palak leaves to the mixy jar.
- Add ginger and green chilles to this. Do not add water.
- Grind it to make it into a smooth paste.
- Now, take a bowl, add the wheat flour and salt to it.
- Then, transfer the grinded paste to the wheat flour mixture.
- Add water accordingly and knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal round-shaped balls, to make the chapathi.
- Meanwhile, heat the pan to make chapathis.
- Cook the chapathi on both the sides.
- Transfer this on to a serving plate.
As mentioned, you can prepare peas curry along, or you could just serve it plain with some butter added on top of the chapathi.
Prepare this simple recipe and let us know your feedback.