If you are a food lover, then Rajasthani food is the best to satisfy your taste buds. There are several authentic Rajasthani recipes that you can try this festive season right in your home.
One of the authentic and famous dishes of Rajasthan is Ker
Sangri. So lets learn how to prepare ker sangri.
Ker sangri gravy is a tasty combination of ker (berry) and sangri (beans). This is an authentic dish in Rajasthan and we are sure you will love this recipe.
The preparation of ker sangri is not time consuming. And is prepared with some of the very basic ingredients like turmeric, red chilli, mustard seeds and cumin seeds .
It tastes delicious when served with hot roti's or parathas. So let's start preparing this tasty ker sangri recipe.
Preperation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Berry (Ker) - 200 gms
- Wild beans (Sangri) - 200 gms
- Red chillis - 5 to 6
- Cumin seeds - 1 to 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 to 2 tsp
- Turmeric - 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil - 4 to 5 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a pressure cooker add water and then add ker and sangri along with 1 tsp of salt.
- Wait for two whistles. Let the mixture cool down.
- Now in another pan, add two tablespoons of mustard
- Once the oil is heated, then add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli and turmeric. Saute it well.
- Now open the lid of the cooker and drain the water.
- Wash the ker sangri again with cold water and then drain the
- Transfer the misture to the pan where the spices were made and
mix it well.
- Add some water if it is too thick.
- Now add salt and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander leaf to garnish the ker sangri gravy.
Try this yummy Rajasthani recipe and do let us know your feedback.