Fishes are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are very important for our body. It is also rich in proteins and is low on fats. Hence, it is an essentail part of our diet and needs to be included in our diet in one or the other form.
Therefore, today we shall share with you an easy bangra fish rasam recipe. This recipe is very simple and consumes less time. This recipe is famous in Kerala and Mangalore, as fishes are available abundantly in those regions, making it a staple food among the people.
Recipes with fishes not only give you a good taste, but also can prevent you from the risk of cardiovascular and other blood clotting‑related diseases. Also, consuming fish regularly can help in lowering depression. It is also good to include fishes in the diet during pregnancy.
Today, at Boldsky we're here to share with you an easy fish rasam recipe. Try it to believe it!
Serves - 3
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Preparation time - 15 minutes
- Bangra fish (Indian mackerel) - 4
- Onions - 1 cup
- Tomatoes - 1 cup
- Chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chillies - 5
- Cumin seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1/4th teaspoon
- Turmeric - 1/4th teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- First take the fishes and wash them thoroughly.
- Finely chop them into small pieces.
- Now, take a pan and add oil.
- Once it has heated up add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric, red chillies, onions and tomatoes.
- Fry until the onions turn to a reddish brown in colour.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Now, add the finely chopped fish pieces to the pan.
- Add salt and stir it well.
- Cook the bangra fish rasam until the fish pieces become soft.
- You can serve the hot bangra fish rasam recipe with steaming hot rice.
- Try this recipe and let us know your feedback.