Ganapathi bappa moriya!!! Yes, once again its time to celebrate vinayaka chaturthi. The entire nation waits to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi.
On 17th of September, its Ganesh Chaturthi. On this auspicious occasion there are several food items that are prepared for Lord Ganesha.
Apart from the sweets and snacks, today we shall teach you to prepare the main cource for Ganesh Chaturthi.
Vegetable sambar is a important dish that is offered as nivedya for lord ganesha. Vegetable sambar tastes yummy when served with hot rice and ghee.
So, lets start preparing vegetable sambar for Ganesh Chathurthi.
Cooking time - 20 min
Preparatine time - 15 min
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Bengal gram - 3 tbsp
- Red chilli - 4 to 5
- Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 2tbsp
- Coconut - Grated 1 cup
- Beans - 1 cup
- Carrot - 1 cup
- Ground nuts - 1 cup
- Pumpkin - 1 cup
- Tomatoes - 1 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves - few
- Oil - 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Keep a pan on the stove and once it is heated, add bengal gram and fry it for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- To make the masala, separately fry red chilli, corainder seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds.
- Wait for five minutes for it to cool dowm.
- Now in the mixy jar add the fried items and coconut and little water. Grind it to make a fine paste.
- Now in the pressure cooker add 1 cup of toor dal nealty cut beans, carrot, tomato, pumpkin, and groundnuts and some water and close the lid of the pressure cooker. Wait for 3 whistles.
- Now in a pan, add oil, mustard seeds and cumin leaves. Then add the toor dal and boiled vegetables.
- Add some water, then add the grinded masala paste and salt to taste.
- Do not add more water. Make sure the sambar is thick enough.
- Now serve the hot sambar with hot rice and ghee.