If you are looking for a delicious and tasty vegetarian main course recipe, then Shahi mushroom is the dish for you. Shahi mushroom can be prepared in a variety of ways that will be relished by all. There are many kinds of mushrooms that are used in various cuisines. However, mushroom such as cep, chanterelle, moral, oyster, shiitake are top few that are used in the Indian cuisine.
Mushrooms are very healthy as they are a good source of potassium and other trace elements. In Indian cuisine, many vegetarian mushroom dishes like mushroom curry, mushroom paneer, fried mushroom, mushroom chilly are very popular. Shahi mushroom is one of the most popular main course mushroom recipes. It has a very creamy and spicy taste at the same time. So, lets check the delicious mushroom recipe.
Shahi Mushroom Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Mushroom- 200 grams
- Onions- 4 (chopped)
- Tomato- 5 (chopped)
- Ginger- 4tsp
- Green chillies- 4 (chopped)
- Red chilly powder- ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder- ½ tsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Fresh cream- 1 cup
- Cashew nuts- ½ cup (grinded)
- Butter (ghee)- 3tsp
- Salt -to taste
- Coriander sprigs- 2 (chopped)
- In a bowl, cut mushrooms into halves.
- Heat butter in a pan and then add chopped onions to it. Saute it till onion turns golden.
- Now, add ginger, green chillies and tomato to the pan. Saute the mix for 5 minutes.
- Pour the mix in a bowl and keep it aside to cool. Once cooled, grind it to form a fine paste.
- Next, in a separate pan, add the paste and saute it for about two minute.
- Add red chilli powder, spice blend (garam masala), cashew nut powder and sugar to form a gravy. Stir it for about 2-3 more minutes.
- Add mushroom to the gravy and cook it on a low flame for about 10 minutes.
- Once the gravy is prepared, add cream to it. Cook it for about 2 minutes.
Remove it from the flame. Garnish the shahi mushroom with fresh coriander leaves. And then serve hot. You can team Shahi mushroom with rice or chappatis.