Noodles is a hot pick for everyone. The Chinese dish has gained popularity worldwide and people love to eat noodles at any time of the day. Even kids love to take noodles in their lunch box. There are many recipes to make different flavoured noodles. However, each recipe demands a list of long ingredients. This list basically consists of vegetables. If you are running late, then you can try the basic chilli and garlic noodles recipe. In this Chinese recipe, you do not need to sit and chop vegetables for 10 minutes!
So, if you want to try some Chinese noodles, here is the simple yet classic recipe to prepare chilli garlic noodles.
Chilli garlic noodles recipe:
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Noodles- 250 gms
- Spring onions- 2-3 (chopped)
- Garlic- 2tbsp (minced)
- Chilli sauce- 2tsp
- Schezwan sauce- 2tsp
- Red chilli flakes- 1tsp
- Noodles masala- 1tsp
- Water- for boiling
- Salt- as per taste
- Parmesan cheese- 2tbsp (grated)
- Oil- 2tbsp
- Boil water in a deep bottomed pan. Close the lid to allow fast boiling. When the water starts boiling, add the raw noodles, 1tsp oil and sprinkle salt. Mix well and let the noodles boil.
- Stir at short intervals to check if the noodles are boiled. Do not boil the noodles for a longer time. It will become sticky. Once the noodles become soft, just drain in a strainer. Wash the noodles with cold water. Spread them with your fingers or with a spoon. Let it cool.
- Now, heat a frying pan. Add the remaining oil. Saute the spring onions on a medium flame for about a minute.
- Sprinkle salt and then add schezwan sauce, garlic, chilli sauce, red chilli flakes and boiled noodles. Mix all the ingredients well inside the pan. Now add the noodles masala and mix again. Cook on a medium flame for another minute. Put the pan off flame.
Take the chilli garlic noodles in a bowl. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve the noodles hot with tomato ketchup.