Tomato salsa is a super version of tomato sauce. It can be prepared fresh, has good flavour and contains many herbs. It tastes very Indian for Asians and Italian for Europeans. Tomato salsa goes well with all the frimes and fritters. The crunchy tortillas become irresistible with salsa sauce and become best the combination of an evening snack. Even the masala papads can get the rich American appetizer taste with the tomato recipe. Take a look to learn the preparation.
Tomato Salsa Recipe
- 4 large red tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 onion (diced and minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped finely, minced)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro/coriander (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded, minced fine)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- salt according to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
2. Store in an air tight glass container and refrigerate for 1 hour. Tasty tomato salsa sauce is ready.
Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with hot hot potato chips, toasted bread, french fries or even cutlets. The tomato recipe can be preserved fresh for nearly 8 hours (without refrigeration).