It is extremely important to provide a balanced diet for kids but they hardly eat anything other than masala noodles and spiced food. Here is a upma recipe that looks colourful, is easy breakfast to make and best lunch box recipe to pack for schools. Take a look for more.
Our vegetable upma contains lots of vegetables, MTR vegetable baath powder, herbs and healthy spices. A very nutritious and vitamin rich food.
Vegetable Upma Recipe
- 1 cup soji rava (roasted in ghee)
- 2 cups water
- 21/2 tsp MTR vegetable baath powder
- Salt according to taste
- 1 cup chopped and boiled vegetables (carrots, capsicum, potatoes, chick peas)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 4-5 green chillies (chopped)
- ' grated coconut (garnish)
- 1 tsp mustard and cumin seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp gram dal
- 1 tsp oil
- Chopped coriander
- Curry leaves
Preparing Vegetable Upma:
1. In a thick bottom pan, add a teaspoon of oil and fry mustard, cumins, urad dal, gram dal, chillies, ginger, boiled vegetables and curry leaves for a few minutes.
2. Add two cups of water and cover the pan for about 5 minutes.
3. To this add coconut, coriander leaves and stir well.
4. When the mixture starts boiling, slowly add rava and stir continuously.
5. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn off the stove. Tasty vegetable upma is ready.
Enjoy the easy breakfast hot or cold with ghee or yogurt!!!
A few drops of lemon can add to the taste.
This lunch box recipe serves 3.