Sandwich or toast is a common preference for breakfast. Be it kids or working professionals, everyone loves to grab a bite of hot toasted bread sandwich. Well, if you are in a hurry, you simply make a bread toast with butter or jam, and in some cases, with omelette. Adding raw vegetables to your sandwich can be boring. The smell of onion will keep you conscious all day long! Why not cook fresh green vegetables to make a tasty and filling breakfast recipe? Check out an easy vegetable sandwich recipe that can be made within 20 minutes.
Vegetable sandwich recipe:
- Onion- 1 medium, chopped
- Capsicum- 1 small, chopped
- Green chillies- 2-3, finely chopped
- Carrot- 1, grated
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Panner (Tofu), grated- 3 tbsp
- Cheese, grated- 3-4 tbsp
- Brown bread slices
- Oil- 1 tbsp
Directions to make vegetable sandwich recipe for breakfast:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion, capsicum, green chillies and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and then add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
- When the vegetables become soft, add grated paneer or tofu in the pan. Mix well so that the paneer absorbs the salt and turmeric powder.
- Now add the grated cheese and cook on medium flame till the cheese melts.
- Take the pan off flame. What you have is the stuffing mixture for your sandwich.
- Grease the bread slices with butter and then add the vegetable mixture. Cover with another bread slice. Toast in a toaster until brown.
Garnish with grated cheese to make it presentable! Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or chilli sauce. You can also have it with fruit juice. If you are in a hurry to make this breakfast, do not add grated carrots. Carrots take little time to cook and having raw carrots with cooked vegetables will be disappointing. This vegetable toast recipe is great to start of a day. Do not skip breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. If you know some other sandwich recipe, do share with us!