Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is always advised to have breakfast like a king. If you want to have a healthy diet, always eat a heavy breakfast, light lunch and lighter dinner. Many working professionals and diet freaks skip their breakfast. This will not make them lose weight but put on more. Preparing a breakfast is not that time consuming. Here is a simple sandwich recipe that is ideal for the breakfast. Green peas sandwich can be prepared in just 15-20 minutes. You just need boiled peas that you can also boil at night and keep it in the fridge. This will save time in the morning. Lets check out the recipe.
Green peas sandwich recipe for breakfast:
Preparation time: 10 minutes (if you have already boiled the peas)
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Brown bread- 6-12 slices
- Green peas- 1 cup (boiled and mashed)
- Mozzarella cheese- ½ cup (grated) (optional)
- Butter- ½ cup
- Black pepper powder- 2tsp
- Salt- as per taste
For the filling:
- Curd- 2tbsp
- Onion- 2 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Tomato ketchup- 2tsp
- Chilli sauce- 1tsp
- Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Cumin seeds powder- 2tsp
- In a bowl, whisk curd to make a smooth paste. After that, add all the filling ingredients and mix them well. Add boiled and mashed green peas. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle (tawa). Spread butter and then roast the bread slices on both the sides.
- Now grease the bread slice with mozzarella cheese and then spread the filling masala.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper powder and then cover the bread slice. Repeat the same process with the remaining slices.Roast again if you have added mozzarella cheese.
- Cut the bread sandwich into two or more halves.
Green peas sandwich is ready. Serve it with fruit juice. This is a filling and healthy breakfast recipe. Peas stuffing will be heavy so, you will feel fuller for a longer duration. If you are thinking about mozzarella cheese, it is healthy for the body. You can even take this sandwich for lunch, but it is best to consume this dish immediately. Curd filling can soften the crisp bread.