This South Indian recipe makes things interesting by adding some extra ingredients like coriander leaves and onions. You can make both as a plain or masala dosa (in which case you have to prepared the potato masala stuffing).
Ingredients For Cheese Dosa:
1. Urad Dal or Black Grams 1 cup (soaked in water 5-6 hours)
2. Rice 2 cup (soaked in water 5-6 hours)
3. Fenugreek or methi seeds 1 cup (soaked in water 5-6 hours)
4. Cheese 3 cubes grated)
5. Onion 1 (chopped finely)
6. Coriander leaves 1 tablespoon (chopped finely)
7. Green chillies 2 (minced)
8. Salt as per taste
9. Oil 1 tablespoon
Procedure For Making Cheese Dosa:
- Soak the three main ingredients for the dosa, urad dal, rice and fenugreek seeds three different containers. You can leave them overnight.
- Blend them together with a little bit of water to form the batter for dosa. Fenugreek seeds give the golden colour and consistency to dosas.
- Add salt as per taste to this batter and mix with finely chopped onions.
- Take a flat frying pan and heat it to 200 degrees. When it starts fuming add oil.
- Take a round deep ladle and pour batter on the pan. Spread it in circular motion with the back of the ladle.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and green chillies on the dosa. Grate 2 cubes of cheese quickly on it.
- Fold the dosa into half and remove from flame. You can grate another cheese cube on its top surface.
Serve cheese dosa with sambar and chutney just like plain dosas.