Sandwich is one of the most preferred breakfast ideas. You can even take sandwich in lunch box or have it as an evening snack. Sandwiches are light yet filling. This not so heavy snack can be made within minutes. Sandwich is healthy for your body as it is low in calories. However, prefer brown bread over white. White bread is made with flour, so buy brown bread that is made with whole grains.
There are many ways to make sandwiches. If you love to eat this as a snack, then you can try to make the sandwich yummy every day. Here is the easy snack recipe to make sandwich with carrot and raisins.
Carrot and raisins with cheese sandwich recipe:
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
White/brown bread- 1 pound
Green chillies-2-3 (optional)
Cheese slices- 5-8
Raisins- ½ cup
Salt- as per taste
Black pepper- 1tsp (grounded)
· Wash and clean the carrots. Scrub the outer skin a little and then wash them. Now grate the carrots in a grater. Squeeze out juice from the carrots. Keep aside.
· Now take the bread slices. Cut the hard corners of the slices. Apply butter on the bread.
· If you want to make the sandwich sweet and spicy, you can add green chillies. Grate them in a grater and then sprinkle over the bread slices.
· In a bowl, mix carrot with raisins, black pepper and salt (as per taste).
· Now put the grated carrot on the bread slices. Finish with the cheese slices and then grill the bread slices until they turn light brown. Repeat the process with other bread slices.
Carrot with raisins sandwich is ready. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup and chilli sauce. Melted cheese with carrots is a nice combination to satisfy your taste buds. Do you know any other filling easy breakfast recipe?