Are you crazy about Italian dishes? There is something more than pasta and pizza. If you want to taste an authentic Italian delicacy, risotto is a wonderful option. It is made with rice, chicken or meat, garlic, butter, several herbs and obviously lots and lots of parmesan. Preparing the authentic risotto is a time-consuming task as it is cooked on low flame.
Here is the recipe of sundried tomato risotto which has a tangy taste and you can make it without much fuss. This unique style of risotto is loved by all and this is not at all time-consuming.
Preparation Time- 12 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
1. Sundried tomatoes- ½ cup (soaked and dried)
2. Olive oil- 1 tbsp
3. Arborio rice- 1½ cup
4. Garlic- 5-6 cloves (chopped)
5. Vegetable stock- 4 to 5 cups
6. Onion- 1 (chopped)
7. Salt to Taste
8. Butter- 1 tbsp
9. Cream cheese- 1 tsp
10. Crushed black peppercorns to taste
11. Parmesan cheese- 4 to 5 tbsp (grated)
12. Parsley sprig for garnishing
You are now ready with all ingredients. Follow the recipe to prepare the extraordinary Italian risotto at home.
1. Take a deep bottomed pan and add olive oil into it. Heat the oil and sauté the garlic well. Now, add chopped onions and sauté again.
2. Add Arborio rice into the pan and mix well. When the rice gets a golden brown colour, add salt and vegetable stock into the pan and mix all the ingredients. Cook it till the stock is absorbed well.
3. When the stock is absorbed well by the rice, add sundried tomatoes and cook it. Add some more vegetable stock and little more salt and cook again so that the rice becomes completely soft.
4. In the meantime, the rice will be cooked finely. Add some butter, crushed black peppercorn and parmesan cheese and mix well. Add cream cheese and again give it a good mix.
5. Your sundried tomato risotto is ready. Take it out into a serving bowl and garnish with cheese and fresh sprigs of parsley.
See, how easy it is to prepare. Want to make something different for the Sunday brunch? Try it and see how people love it.