Paneer is an all-time favourite among the people of India. You do not even have to be a vegetarian to relish it. There are many staunch Non-vegetarians who will never miss out on an opportunity to enjoy this delectable ingredient.
Paneer is very flexible and can be added into various kinds of dishes. You can make it into the popular Butter Paneer, or it can be cooked as the Indo-Chinese Paneer Manchurian. It can be added to biriyanis and pulaos. You can turn it into snacks and finger foods.
Today, we bring you a delectable recipe with paneer as its main ingredient. The recipe we chose for you is the Paneer Tikka Roll. You might think that with a name like that, the recipe will contain a lot of ingredients and will probably take a long time to prepare. If so, you are mistaken.
This recipe of Paneer Tikka Roll is so easy to make that it is a child's play. Quite literally! You can delegate kids at your home to help you with this and it will be ready in a jiffy. The ingredients used are easily available and we bet that you probably have them all in your pantry.
So, without further ado, let's start making these tasty paneer tikka rolls.
- Yellow and red bell peppers/capsicum - ½ each
- Onion - 1
- Red Chilli Powder - ¼th tsp
- Cumin powder - ¼th tsp
- Coriander powder - ¼th tsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
- Ajwain - 2 pinches
- Gram flour - 2 tbsp
- Curd - 1½ tbsp
- Paneer - 100 grams
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chappati - 1
- Chop the bell peppers into strips or cubes and chop the onions finely. Cut the paneer into cubes. You may choose to cut them into a shape and size of your choice.
- Now, take a pan and add olive oil into it.
- When the oil gets heated up, add the onions and sauté until translucent. Remember that you do not need to fry the onion until dark brown, as it will change the taste of your Paneer Tikka Rolls.
- Now, add the bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
- When the raw smell of the bell peppers is gone, add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and ajwain.
- Sauté the masalas for a few minutes until cooked. Make sure to not let them smoke or burn.
- Now, take a bowl and add the curd and gram flour in it.
- Mix them well to form a paste.
- Add this paste to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Now, add the paneer and mix well to coat all the paneer pieces well with the masala. Take care not to break the paneer pieces, as the masala may turn mushy.
- Cook the paneer mixture till well done.
- Now, take a chappati and heat both sides well on a tawa. You may use left over chappati to make the Paneer Tikka Rolls and need not make fresh ones.
- Now place the chappati on a plate and scoop generous amounts of the paneer masala onto the chappati. Do not over fill the chappati or you may risk bursting it when you roll it.
- Roll the chappati, taking care not to spill the masala.
- Wrap the roll in a tissue or butter paper and serve warm.
- This recipe calls for ingredients to make one Paneer Tikka Roll. Increase the measure of the ingredients to make more.
Also Read:The Delicious Shahi Matar Paneer Recipe