Dosa is one of the yummiest South Indian delicacies that is loved by all. You can have it at breakfast or lunch as a full meal. Dosas are available in lots of varieties.
Today, making dosa has become much more easier, thanks to the ready-made dosa batter that is available in the market. Still, if you don't want to use that, you can grind rice and urad ki dal in a certain proportion and prepare the dosa batter.
To bring variation in the age-old dosa recipe, today you will learn how you can make the palak paneer dosa recipe. You can get the healthy touch of spinach and cottage cheese with the yumminess of this new recipe. Try it now!!!
Serves - 2 dosas
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Spinach purée - 1 cup
2. Ready-made dosa batter - 2½ cups
3. Paneer - 250 grams (cut in cubes)
4. Onions - 3 (2 medium and 1 small)
5. Oil - 2 tsp
6. Cumin seeds - 1½ tsp
7. Garlic - 1½ tsp (chopped)
8. Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp (chopped)
9. Red chilli powder - 1½ tsp
10. Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
Also Read: Here's how you can prepare an easy bread dosa recipe! Have a look.
1. Take a big bowl and add the dosa batter into it. Now, add spinach purée and whisk the mixture well. Add salt and again give it a good mix.
2. Then, heat a pan and add oil into it. Add cumin seeds and let it turn golden brown on heating it. Now, add garlic and sauté it well. Next, add the chopped onions and when that becomes light golden brown in colour, add the paneer cubes. Give it a good toss.
3. Add red chilli powder, some chopped green chillies, freshly chopped coriander leaves and salt. Mix well again.
4. Now, it's time to season the tawa for making the dosa. Cut the small onion into halves and hold it with a fork. Pour oil into the tawa and smear oil evenly on it with that onion. Take a clean muslin clothe and remove the excess oil.
5. With a round ladle, pour the dosa batter on the tawa and spread it evenly on the bottom of the tawa. Now, put some paneer mixture on it. If you want, you can drizzle some oil around the dosa.
6. Your dosa is almost cooked from the bottom. Take a spatula and slowly make the fold and press it a bit. Palak paneer dosa is ready to be served.
This is a very healthy and tasty dish. As use of oil is very less, this can also be a good diet food for those who are trying to lose weight.