Bored of the same breakfast recipes everyday? Eating the same idli, upma, sandwich recipes? Well, take a break from the usual breakfast menu and cook the delicious methi dosa recipe.
This simple dosa breakfast recipe is very healthy as the main ingredient is methi. There are many health benefits of methi leaves. Fenugreek leaves or methi leaves can control the sugar levels in the body, help in weight loss, control cholestrol levels and also have many beauty benefits too. They are the best for hair growth too.
Preparing the methi dosa recipe is very simple and easy. You can prepare this methi dosa recipe either for breakfast or pack it for lunch. If you are diet-consious, you can prepare the methi dosa recipe for dinner too as rice is not prefered.Now, let's take a look at how to prepare methi dosa recipe.
Cooking time - 10 minutes
Preperation time - 15 minutes
- Methi leaves- 2 cups
- Urag Dal - 1/2 Cup
- Chana Dal - 1/2 Cup
- Onions- 1 cup
- Raw Rice- 1/2 Cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds- 1/2 Cup
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 Cup
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Carrot - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
- Green Chilli- 4 to 5
- Soak urag dal, raw rice and chana dal for about two hours.
- After the mentioned time, take the mixy jar, add the soaked chana dal, urag dal, raw rice, cumin seeds, green chilli, chopped methi leaves and tamarind. Add required amount of water and grind to make the dosa batter.
- Now, transfer this to a bowl. Add red chilli powder, chopped onions, coriander leaves and salt and mix all the ingredients well.
- Heat the tava on the stove.
- Sprinkle some water on the tava, take the dosa batter and spread it around the tava.
- Add oil to the dosa.
- Now, spread the grated carrot on the dosa.
- Cook on either sides of the dosa. After it turns reddish brown in colour, transfer it to a plate.
Serve it hot along with tomato chutney.