On winter evenings, you look for something crispy snacks with a cup of hot coffee. If you get sudden guests and they want to have something spicy, like pakoras, on rainy evenings, you don’t need to think much from now on.
Try this perfect snack recipe of onion rings! Onion herb rings are very crispy and are immensely tasty; and you can make this dish within a few minutes. The ingredients are easily available as well.
Here are the ingredients required and the procedure to prepare the same. Read on.
Serves – 10
Preparation Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 10 minutes
• Onions - 5 (sliced and layers are separated)
• Oil for deep frying
• Paprika - 1 tsp
• Refined Flour - 1½ cup
• Dried Mixed Herbs - 1 tsp
• Drinking Soda - 2 cups
• Salt to taste
• Onion Powder - 1 tsp
• Black Peppercorns - ½ tsp (crushed)
• Breadcrumbs - ½ cup
• Mustard Powder - ½ tsp
• Cornflakes - ½ cup (crushed)
• Parsley - 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Cut onions into slices and separate the layers. Soak those in cold water for 15 minutes.
• Later, bring out the layers and dry those on a kitchen towel. Transfer them on to a plate and dust flour on them. Thus, all excess moisture will be absorbed.Now, take a big bowl and add flour, paprika powder, mixed herbs, dried onion powder, mustard powder, crushed peppercorns and salt. Mix everything well.
• Then, add soda to make the batter. Check the consistency. Don’t make it too thick or thin. Mix it well and check that no lumps are formed. Now, on a plate and place crushed cornflakes, dried breadcrumbs and chopped parsley. Mix well.
• Then, heat oil for deep frying. Dip the onion rings into the batter. Roll it well, so that the batter covers the rings thoroughly.
• Now, roll it on the breadcrumbs and cornflakes mixture. Coat well. Then, deep fry the onions in oil. When you get a nice golden brown colour, put those on to a kitchen towel.
• Place those on a platter and serve hot with sauce or your favourite chutney.