It is a well-known fact that paneer or cottage cheese is very healthy for your body. It contains calcium and other vitamins and minerals that are necessary for the healthy being of all, whether young or old.
So, if your kids run away at the name of paneer, you can serve them paneer kulchas with their favourite achaar, raita or even sauce. Here are the ingredients and the recipe of paneer kulcha. Have a look and do try it at home.
Serves - 4
Preparation Time - 45 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
1. Refined Flour - 3 cups
2. Sugar - 1 tsp
3. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
4. Butter - 5 tbsp
5. Milk - 1 cup
6. Salt to taste
7. Paneer - 200 grams (crushed)
8. Green Chillies - 4 (finely chopped)
9. Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
10. Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
11. Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
12. Chaat Masala - 2 tsp
13. Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
1. Take a vessel and add flour and baking powder into it. Keep it aside.
2. Now, take the milk jar and add butter, sugar and salt into it. Mix it well.
3. Then, pour that milk mixture into the flour and prepare soft dough. Cover it with a soft muslin cloth and keep it resting for around 40 minutes.
4. Now, it's time to make the stuffing. Take a big bowl and add grated paneer, onions, coriander, green chillies, salt, garam masala powder, red chilli powder and chaat masala.
5. Mix all the ingredients well and keep it aside. Your stuffing for paneer kulcha is ready. Take out a portion from the dough and roll it out into a thick disc. Don't make it too big. Now, place the disc on your palm and stuff it with the stuffing you prepared.
6. Press the stuffing and gather the edges to seal the dough. Now, apply flour on a surface and roll the dough with a light hand.Take an oven tray and grease it with little oil, so that the kulchas don't stick to the tray.Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree Celsius and bake those for 10-15 minutes.
7. After getting those out of the oven, brush the kulchas with butter and your kulchas are ready to be served.
You can cut them into quarters and make a platter with your favourite chutney.