Salt is added according to the taste but sometimes your guess might be wrong when there is a change in quantity. This can spoil the hard work. Therefore, here are few cooking tips to reduce salt from the dish.
Cooking tips to reduce salt from dish:
1. Always add little less and taste to see how much more is required. This prevents the chances of making the dish too salty.
2. If you have added more salt and want to reduce it, add little water and bring it to boil.
3. For dry dishes, add chopped boiled potatoes and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes and then take out the potatoes.
4. Knead wheat flour with water. Make small balls of the flour and add to the salty gravy. The balls absorb excess salt from the dish and neutralizes it.
5. You can also add a tsp of flour in the gravy. After boiling for 5-7 minutes, the flour will appear on the top layer as it absorbs excess salt. Use a spoon to take out flour from the gravy.
6. Sometimes the gravy can become salty. Reduce the salt in the gravy by adding potatoes. Just cut potatoes into thin medium size slices and add to the gravy. Let it be there for 5-8 minutes and then take out.
7. You can add few drops of vinegar when you are not sure of the salt content required for the dish. It is an alternative for salt and a simple cooking tip to balance too salty food.
Try these cooking tips to reduce salt from dishes.