Yogurt is a delicious ingredient used to make many dishes in Asian, African and European cooking. You can get yogurt in market but it is artificially sweetened. Yogurt is a healthy alternative for mayonnaise and sour cream. It is best to use skimmed milk and avoid putting on extra weight. So, prepare yogurt at home to enjoy the natural sour taste of it. Here are cooking tips to make yogurt at home.
Cooking tips to make yogurt at home:
1. Heat skimmed milk in a saucepan. Bring it to boil.
2. In a plastic container, put ' tbsp plain yogurt and then pour the milk in it. Cover with a net lid and leave it for 4-6 hours on room temperature.
3. After the duration, open the lid and gently see if the yogurt is formed. You can tilt the container a little to see if it is in shape. If the milk turns to yogurt, store in the refrigerator to avoid making it sour.
4. If you want to make yogurt sour, keep it in an air-tight container and leave in a room with little heat for few hours.
5. You can also add few drops of lemon juice and mix before serving. This makes the yogurt sour and a fat burning ingredient.
Try these cooking tips to make yogurt at home and if required turn it sour!