Cooking tips to make gravy taste:
1. Instead of using oil, use ghee or cooking butter. This adds a different flavour to the gravy.
2. Add seeds and masala (seasonings) when the ghee is hot. Wait till the seeds turn brown,. Then add vegetables or dal.
3. To make the gravy more tasty and spicy, add red chilli powder before adding the vegetables or dal.
4. Start with garlic, ginger and onions. This helps add the flavour easily.
5. Don't add too much salt. Taste the gravy before serving. This helps you know the seasonings. If salt is less, add required.
6. To bring the taste of the seasonings and spices, boil the water added to the gravy. The gravy should be thick in consistency.
Try these cooking tips to make gravy tasty.