Are you on a mission to become slimmer? Then, you need a diet which is healthy but fat-free. Fruit salad is an awesome choice for that. If you don't like to have any particular fruit each day, a bowl of fruit salad is the thing you should gorge up on.
And to make things more happening and yummy, we've shared this unique recipe of fruit salad with a twist. What is the twist you ask?
Well, the twist is in its dressing of honey and chilli. Wow, now that sure sounds yummmm... All you've got to do is to read on further for the detailed recipe.
Serves - One bowl
Preparation Time - 20 minutes
1. Pineapple - ½ cup (peeled and chopped)
2. Orange - 1 (medium sized)
3. Pear - 1 (medium sized)
4. Walnuts - ¼th cup (crushed)
5. Lollo Rosso Lettuce Leaves - 4
For The Honey & Chilli Dressing:
6. Honey - 2 tbsp
7. Lemon Zest - 1 tsp
8. Red Chilli - 1
9. Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
10. Black Peppercorns as per taste
11. Salt to taste
1. Take a red chilli and rub it in between your palms. This will loosen up the seeds. Cut the chilli from the end and remove all the seeds to make it less spicy.
2. Chop the chilli finely and transfer it into a bowl. Add honey into it. Add lemon zest and lemon juice into it and add salt and crushed black pepper into it. Now, mix everything well.
3. Heat up a pan and toast walnuts. When they are toasted well, turn off the gas. Cut pineapple, pear, apple and orange into small pieces, as per your preference.
4. Take all the fruits into a big bowl and add the dressing you'd prepared earlier. Toss everything well.
5. Take a serving plate and arrange lettuce on it. Arrange fruits on it and finally garnish it with some toasted walnuts.Your tasty fruit salad with the honey and chilli dressing is ready to be served.